Do you feel embarrassed about the huge and disproportionate size of your breasts? Do you experience neck or shoulder pain due to the large size boobs? Are you feeling uncomfortable with your large breasts? If your answer is yes to these entire questions, then Breast Reduction surgery would be right for you.
A breast reduction surgery, also known as Reduction Mammaplasty is a cosmetic surgery that gets rid of the glandular tissue, excess fat, and skin to make the breasts look small, firmer, and proportionate to the body. It helps a patient to achieve their desired physique and figure. Moreover, it would help to improve the self-esteem of a person.
The procedure is always performed under general anesthesia and it takes around 2-3 hours to get completed. This cosmetic surgery involves reducing the amount of the breast and fatty tissues while uplifting the breast. Following the procedure, one would be able to notice a slight reduction in the size and volume of the breast.
Before opting for the surgery, the patient needs to follow some advice. For instance, the patient should stop smoking a few weeks before the breast reduction surgery. Similarly, blood thinning medication should be avoided. A baseline mammogram could be conducted for detecting the changes in the breast tissue. Keep in mind that this procedure is not considered as a day case and the patient is required to stay in the hospital for a few days.
Breast reduction surgery is performed with general anesthesia. Depending on the size and the shape of the breasts, different techniques for breast reduction surgery could be followed. Generally, the surgery involves making a cut down the breast and around the areola. After that, the fat, the glandular tissue, and skin will be removed from the sides and also from underneath the breast. Once the excess tissue is removed, the nipple and the areola are repositioned and the remaining breast tissue is reshaped. Once it is done the cuts are sutured.
- Increased self-esteem and confidence
- Reduced back pain and neck pain
- Take part in different sport activities
- Achieve symmetrical and smaller and firm breasts
- Reduced feeling of self-consciousness
- Ability to wear a wide number of clothes
- Recovery time will be around 3-4 weeks. However, you can go home the next day after surgery.
- With post-operative dressings like gauge and surgical bra, the swelling could be reduced.
- The medication would help to avoid any kind of discomfort.
- Resume normal activities only after a few weeks of surgery.
- It might take weeks or months before sensation returns.
Here are some conditions that would make you opt for breast reduction surgery. They are:
- Heavy breasts that cause discomfort
- Larger than normal breasts causing discomfort
- Difficulty to buy innerwear
- Inability to take part in sports
Breast Reduction surgery helps a person to achieve their dream figure and make the breasts in proportion to the body. It improves one’s ability to take part in physical activities. It helps to attain a positive image.
Most women prefer to undergo a breast reduction due to larger and heavy breasts. For larger breasts, breast uplift might be needed for achieving the desired look. To know whether you need both, consult a surgeon today.
The cost of Breast Reduction surgery depends on the individual requirements of the surgery. So consult your surgeon today.