Don’t underestimate the power of a chemical peel. If you are worried about the fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, dark spots, and acne hyperpigmentation, go for a chemical peel. Well, it would be the right thing for you. After all, a chemical peel can get rid of any kind of skin imperfections. In fact, a chemical peel can turn a damaged skin into radiant glowing skin.
Chemical Peel Instructions
Continue reading and you will know about the pre-treatment and post-treatment instructions, which are needed to be followed to get the best result.
Some pre-treatment instructions that must be followed are:
- Before treatment, sun exposure must be avoided. Tanned skin can’t be treated.
- 3 days prior to treatment, stop using any depilatory cream in the treatment area. Bleaching, tweezing, and waxing must be avoided.
- 3-5 days before treatment stop taking retinoid, like Retin-A, Differin, and any Hydroquinone products. Similarly, one should stop using chemical exfoliants and Glycolic Acids.
- Inform your doctor about perioral herpes so that prophylactic antiviral therapy could be started before the peel.
On The Day of Chemical Peel
- Don’t apply any cream or lotion on the area to be treated.
- Inform the treatment provider about your medical history and also about the medications.
Post- Treatment Instructions
- On the day of the treatment, don’t wash your face. From Day 2 to 6, avoid cleansing and scrubbing.
- For treating the soreness, use the cream as advised.
- Flaking of the skin will start after 3-5 days of the treatment. One shouldn’t scratch the treated area. Rather, they should apply moisturizing lotion.
- Don’t apply any topical medicines or AHA products on the area for 5-7 days after the treatment. It might cause irritation.
- Avoid any kind of makeup the day after the treatment. The skin should be allowed to rest overnight.
- Don’t go for waxing or tweezing or exfoliation for 4 weeks after the treatment. This would reduce the chance of scarring.
- Make sure you avoid damaging the new skin once you step out of your house. Even if you are sitting near the window or planning to go out, make sure to apply a sunscreen with SPF of 30 and more. The sunscreen will protect the sensitive skin.
- To help with the healing process, it’s important to eat a lot of fruits.
- Immediately after the peel, avoid strenuous exercises. The toxins and salt present in the sweat would get trapped under the skin and cause irritation.
In case, you are interested in a chemical peel, you must follow all pre-treatment and post-treatment instructions properly. Only then it would be easy to notice bright and smooth skin.
Do you dream of smooth or flawless skin? Yes, but the very next moment you might think it to be highly impossible. Well, you can now fulfill your dream by availing certain skin treatment options, like a chemical peel.