Hair loss problem is very common nowadays. It is not only a problem for aged people anymore. Even, men and women belonging to young age are facing severe hair loss, either due to stress or inheritance. Whatever might be the cause of hair loss, with hair restoration surgery, one can easily get rid of hair loss problems.
A hair transplant or a hair restoration is a suitable cosmetic procedure through which the surgeon moves hair follicles from the backside, i.e., the ‘donor site’ of the head to the bald site or the ‘recipient site’. This surgery is ideal for both men and women who have experienced thinning of hairs and baldness. Generally, this cosmetic procedure is used for hair loss on any part of the body.
Are you suffering from regular hair loss? Are you sad with severe hair thinning? Okay, if your answer is yes, you don’t need to worry. Even if you are a likely candidate for hair loss and need some treatment, hair restoration surgery could prove to be handy.
Hair restoration surgery is done via two methods; i.e., Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) method and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) method. The whole treatment takes place under local anesthesia so that the downtime is less. Being a day-case, the patient can go back home after the surgery.
FUE: Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is one of the most advanced and minimally invasive hair transplant technique available in the market. In this technique, the surgeon extracts the hair follicles unit from any dense area and grafts it on the area that is facing severe hair loss. The hair follicular units contain one to four hairs.
Healthy hair follicles are plucked from the donor site of the scalp and grafted on the balding site. Individual hair extraction is done with the help of a special device. The healthy locks of hair are transplanted in a precise manner by the surgeon into the respective area. After months of transplantation, the hair starts to grow like natural ones.
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT), also known as the Strip method, is a hair transplantation technique. In this technique, small follicular units are safely transplanted to areas experienced dense hair loss. In this procedure, large strips of hair tissue from the scalp are plucked by the surgeon. It is then divided into individual hair follicles. The hair follicles are transplanted into the areas of hair loss.
Well, the transplanted hair falls off after 2-4 weeks. After that, new hair growth starts to take place.
Let’s take a look at the advantages offered by FUE and FUT procedures:
- A highly effective procedure for restoring lost hair on moustaches or eyebrows
- No need of stitches after the treatment
- Recovery time is very less
- No linear scarring
- Denser and natural-looking hair
- Transplants hair follicles at a faster rate
- Designed to achieve a healthy and natural look after surgery
- Higher hair follicle survival rate
- Improved chance of success
- A better option for covering wide areas of the scalp
The side effects of hair transplant surgery are mentioned below: They are:
- Swelling of the scalp
- Infection of the hair follicles
- Bleeding and Itching
- Numbness on the treated area
- The recovery period from FUE is usually 5-7 days.
- The new hair growth will start to take place 3-4 months after the operation. It would take around another 6 months to note the significant changes in hair growth.
- Normal activities could be resumed a day after the surgery.
- Swelling might be present; however, it would subside after some time.